Monday, April 11, 2016

Tatum ISD Teachers of the Year

The 2016 Tatum ISD campus and district Teachers of the Year have been selected.  We have amazing teachers throughout our district who go above and beyond every day, and the honorees selected as Tatum ISD Teachers of the Year exemplify the beliefs of Excellence for All and Where Every Student is Special through their commitment to all students, through the model of excellence they set for their colleagues and through their tireless effort to continuously improve in their craft as educators.  Please join us in congratulating the following educators.


TISD Elementary Teacher of the Year - Teresa Beazley
  • 5th grade science and writing teacher.
  • Educator for 24 years
  • Quote - I teach the system, "Believe, Behave, and Become".  In my classroom, students learn that they can be whatever they want to be if they are willing to put in the work.  


TISD Secondary Teacher of the Year - Kin Bryan

  • Industrial Technology teacher.
  • Educator for 23 years
  • Quote - My goal is to have a positive impact on students and to help them achieve success, and I believe that all students can be successful.  However, I believe that success is better measured by the lessons learned rather than the grades earned.








Tatum Primary School Teacher of the Year - April Dygert
  • 2nd grade ELA and social studies teacher.
  • Educator for 11 years
  • Quote - I believe that my greatest contributions and accomplishments in education are found in the pure fact that I'm doing what I love.  I get the privilege every day to come to a building where lives are changed, and I love being able to work with a great group of staff and collaborate with one another.


Tatum High School Teacher of the Year - Melody Ojeda
  • CTE teacher and Debate Sponsor
  • Educator for 4 years.
  • Quote - What my heart desired was the gratification of seeing a student 'get it' for the first time, the opportunity to offer kind words to a student who may never hear them at home, to be a 'surrogate' mother to those who don't have one, or just to offer a safe atmosphere to those who need it most.  I realized that those were the people whose lives I was intended to touch.





1 comment:

  1. Congratulations to Teresa Beazley,Kin Bryan,April Dygert and Melody Ojeda for a job well done!

    ReplyDelete